A reminder for Missouri Licensed Pyrotechnicians...
To re-certify for your license, you are required to have 12 hours of classroom instruction. All American will be coordinating continuing education classes.

To purchase 1.3G Display Material:
  1. You must be a holder of an ATF License
  2. A copy of your Type 54 or 60 license must be on file in the office
  3. Government/City entities/Political Subdivisions are exempt from obtaining an ATF license. You must submit a letter on official letterhead confirming that you are ordering the material and will be responsible for the acquisition, possession, storage and discharge of the material.
  4. For questions about licensing requirements, regulations or to download forms - go to the ATF website at www.atf.gov.
  5. ALL display customers are subject to ATF storage requirements
  6. ALL display customers are required to obtain a letter of approval from the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) in the area of the intended shoot site
  7. ALL display customers must have a licensed lead pyrotechnician if your state requires  pyrotechnic licensing (including Government Entities)
  8. Check with your local and/or state authorities for regulations
To discharge 1.3G Display Material:
  1. Check with your State on licensing requirements
  2. If you are shooting within the States of Missouri or Kansas, you must be a license display operator
  3. Check with your State and local authorities on licensing laws and regulations
  4. Keep all acquisition and distribution records required by ATF for all licensees

ATFATF has the responsibility of enforcing regulations related to licensing, record keeping, storage of display fireworks and other matters relating to 1.3G material. These regulations can be found in Federal Laws and Regulations, ATF P5400.7 or known in the industry as the Orange Book.

- Click here to view      (NEW 2012 EDITION)

The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) develops codes related to display fireworks operations. This includes outdoor aerial displays and indoor/outdoor proximate programs. These codes are often adopted by AHJs and become regulations. NFPA guidelines for the conduct of outdoor displays are found in their publication, NFPA 1123 Code for Fireworks Displays. Other helpful NFPA publications are the code books for 1124 and 1126.

Each state may have its own regulations regarding fireworks displays and those authorities should be consulted before a display is conducted in that state. Often, local AHJs have regulations regarding display fireworks. The local AHJ should also be consulted prior to a display.

Many states require licensing for pyrotechnicians/display operators. Consult the state authorities early to verify if licensing is a requirement. This will allow you time to go through licensing procedures as outlined.

All American Display Fireworks urges its customers to follow instructions based on the NFPA 1123 Code for Outdoor Fireworks Displays as well as the Pyrotechnics Guild International Display Operator’s Guide. These instructions are suggested practice and do not reflect final format.

Ultimately, it is the Customer’s responsibility to obey all local, state & federal laws and maintain required records. Know the laws and regulations

For questions, visit the following websites: (ATF) www.atf.gov/; (NFPA) www.nfpa.org; (DOT) www.dot.gov/; (PGI) www.pgi.org/;  (NE) www.sfm.state.ne.us/;  (MO) www.dfs.dps.mo.gov/; (KS) www.accesskansas.org/firemarshal/;  (OK) www.firemar.state.ok.us/

For Consumer Wholesale/Retail Regulations, please check with your local, county and state agencies on all required licensing.

Local State Fire Marshal Offices: Click on the logos below to visit their website